Our island – How to get here
Access to the island is possible via ship as well as via airplane.
Ships depart from Piraeus port to Syros every day. The distance is 83 nautical miles and the journey duration is around 3.5-4 hours with the normal ferry and about 2.5 hours with the high speed vessels.
The island is connected by boat with the rest of the Cyclades and the Dodecanese.
Today’s routes from Piraeus to Syros:
More options can be found at OpenSeas.
- Hellenic Seaways – tel.: +30 210 4199000
- Blue Star Ferries – tel.: +30 210 8919800
- GA Ferries – tel.: +30 210 4582640
- NEL Lines – tel.: +30 210 4115015
There are flights several times a week with Olympic Air from the Athens airport El. Venizelos and the duration of the flight is about 45 minutes.
More information about the Olympic air flights:
- Local number 1440
- Olympic Air in Syros airport, tel.: +30 22810 87025
- Olympic air website
- International airport of Athens El. Venizelos, tel.: +30 210 3530000
- Syros airport, tel.: +30 22810 81900, +30 22810 87025
Today’s departures from Athens airport El. Venizelos (ATH) to Syros (JSY):